Monday, January 16, 2017

Abundant grace

Last night in our home group, we asked the Lord for words of prophecy for each other.  It was a stretching time for me to try to listen to the Holy Spirit and step out in faith to speak what I heard, but I felt confirmation that several were really from the Lord.  It was such an encouraging and growing time for me.  The Lord's heart is for us.  His grace is so abundant.

Luke 5:4‭-‬6 NIV
When [Jesus] had finished speaking, he said to Simon, "Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch."  Simon answered, "Master, weʼve worked hard all night and havenʼt caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets."  When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break.

Jesus allowed himself to be limited by his humanity.  (He did not consider equality with God to be grasped.) But he set an example for us of human ministry filled with the Holy Spirit.  What would it be like if all of the disciples of Jesus around the world would bless others with supernatural abundance the way Jesus almost sunk those fishing boats with a miraculously abundant catch.

I want to live a life of demonstrating God's abundant grace and love in other people's lives.

Heavenly Father, you are a good father, and you give good gifts to your children.  I want to help you pass out the presents.  Lord Jesus, thank you for your example of partnership with the Father.  Holy Spirit, thank you for your power.  Help me grow in character and anointing, for your glory.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment