Monday, January 30, 2017

Jesus healed a man with a shriveled hand

Luke 6:9-10 NIV
Then Jesus said to them, "I ask you, which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to destroy it?"  He looked around at them all, and then said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." He did so, and his hand was completely restored.

Jesus was aware that the religious folks were looking for a way to condemn Him, and Jesus did ask the man to stand up in front of everyone, but I think it was to show everyone the heart of God to heal, not to provoke the religious folks.

As I read this passage, a few people came to mind who could be healed in a miraculous way.  Is there any reason why I should not pray for them to be healed?  Only fear of what people will think.  Is there any reason why I should pursue their healing?  Yes, to follow the footsteps of my Master and to please the heart of my Father.  I believe it pleases Him to heal.

Heavenly Father, thank you for showing me your heart to heal. You desire wholeness.  Lord Jesus, thank you for your example of compassion towards people through healing.  Holy Spirit, give me boldness and prompting to ask for impossible, supernatural demonstrations of your goodness and power.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment