Saturday, January 7, 2017

Fathering is shepherding

Luke 2:33
The childʼs father and mother marveled at what was said about him.

Joseph was not Jesus' biological father, but Joseph did serve as a father.  The role of a father is similar to the role of a shepherd: protecting, guiding, and providing. A father is a shepherd.  Fathering is shepherding.

As I was meditating on the reality that I have the privilege and responsibility of shepherding my family, I began to prophesy over my family:

"Our family is yours, Lord."
"My heart is yours, Lord."
"Brandi's heart is yours, Lord."
"Beau's heart is yours, Lord."
"Jude's heart is yours, Lord."
"Rhett's heart is yours, Lord."
"Katelyn's heart is yours, Lord."

Heavenly Father, thank you for being a father to us.  Thank you for shepherding us.  Lord Jesus, you are the Good Shepherd.  I want to be an effective shepherd for my family. Holy Spirit, anoint my family, and use us to bring the Father's children back to Him.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment