Friday, January 20, 2017

Comparison of Jesus' conversations with Nicodemus and the Samaritan woman at the well

John 3:5‭-‬8, 34 NIV
Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.  Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.  You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'  The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit." ... For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.

The Holy Spirit is like the wind; He moves and we respond.  We want to become so attentive to His presence that we are each dancing with the Wind, all together an orchestration for His glory.

John 4:10‭, ‬13-14 NIV
Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water." ... Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again,  but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

The Holy Spirit is like the bubbling water of a spring, constantly moving and supplying more.  We want to be open vessel, constantly overflowing and never quenching the flow.

Heavenly Father, thank you for sending the Holy Spirit.  Lord Jesus, thank you for teaching us about the Holy Spirit.  Holy Spirit, thank you for your presence, your movement, and your abundance.  I want to be moved by you every moment of the day.  I want to keep my attention on you and what you are saying and doing.  Overflow through me and splash on people all around me.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment