Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Prayer at the core

The foundation of Jesus's powerful ministry was dedicated conversation with his Heavenly Father:

Matthew 8:16 NIV
When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick.

Mark 1:39 NIV
So he traveled throughout Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and driving out demons.

Jesus learned where He was supposed to go and and what He was supposed to do because He stayed in the presence of his Father. 

It is one thing to know about prayer, and it is still another to ask God for stuff, but I want to mature in dedicated conversation with our Heavenly Father (especially the listening part).  In our home group the last two Sundays, we have practiced listening to the Holy Spirit, and I want to practice on my own in the mornings.

Heavenly Father, thank you for Jesus' example.  I want to mature and grow up into His template.  Holy Spirit, please lead me.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment