Thursday, January 5, 2017

Weeds

Riding with my dad while harvesting cotton several days ago, my dad told me that he has learned this principle:

"Don't grow weeds."

Weeds steel water and nutrients which decreases crop production.  And then they can slow or disrupt the harvest.  

I keep thinking about that principle.  What weeds are growing in my life?  I want to be diligent about pulling out weeds while they are small and easy to remove, and especially before they produce seed and multiply. 

I think a weed in my life is my tendency to be quick tempered with my boys, and I am afraid that it has already produced seed.  

Heavenly Father, thank you for your patient love.  Lord Jesus, thank you for defeating the sinful fresh and for sharing your victory.  Holy Spirit, thank you for producing your fruit in my life and for removing the work of the enemy.  I love you, and I want to be a vessel for you to use.  The harvest is ready; send me, Lord!  Use me.  I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment