Wednesday, January 4, 2017

2017 Bible reading plan

Last year, I read the whole Bible, chronological.  (Technically, I finished Revelation on the drive back to EP yesterday.)

This year, I want to slow down and soak on the NT.

This morning, I read about Jesus' birth, and having recently celebrated Christmas, I am impressed with the humility of His entrance.  The angels told the shepherds that they would find him wrapped in graves clothes, lying in an animal feeding trough.  Yet, make no mistake, He is the Messiah, and He is God.  He could have entered with radiant glory that so intense that it would have melted humanity.  But He chose such a humble entrance, to the least of these.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the humility and gentleness of Christ's incarnation.  Lord Jesus, I want to be humble like you.  Holy Spirit, please grow humility in me.  You oppose the proud, but you give grace to the humble.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment