Wednesday, October 17, 2007

good stuff

 
We (several people from our Sunday School class) drove to the funeral yesterday.  We had a good time in the car, and the funeral was good.  We got to see Jon for a few minutes, which was our ultimate objective.  As I was sitting in the funeral service, I was reminded how fragile life is and how important it is to share my faith.  I was also convicted of being too obsessed with unimportant details.
 
Today's reading is so rich!  Romans 5 and 6 are packed with profound statements.  Adam got us into this mess of sin, but Jesus got us out!  Thanks to Him, we are no longer slaves to sin, but now, through faith, we have the opportunity to obey God.
 
Romans 6:22-23
22 But now you are free from the power of sin and have become slaves of God. Now you do those things that lead to holiness and result in eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word of Truth that explains the awful state we were in and the wonderful sacrifice Jesus made to redeem us.  Lord, I pray that I will live worthy of Christ today, which is only by your grace.  I pray that Jon and his family will experience your grace.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment