Monday, October 22, 2007

primary purpose

 
Paul explains his objective, which resonates inside me:
15:20 My ambition has always been to preach the Good News where the name of Christ has never been heard, rather than where a church has already been started by someone else. 21 I have been following the plan spoken of in the Scriptures, where it says, 
"Those who have never been told about him will see,
      and those who have never heard of him will understand."
I pray that, if it is His will, God will use me in this way.
 
Also, I really appreciate concise summary statements - maybe because I'm an engineer.  I just really appreciate efficiency, even in communication:
19 But everyone knows that you are obedient to the Lord. This makes me very happy. I want you to be wise in doing right and to stay innocent of any wrong. 20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. May the grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. ...
25 Now all glory to God, who is able to make you strong, just as my Good News says. This message about Jesus Christ has revealed his plan for you Gentiles, a plan kept secret from the beginning of time. 26 But now as the prophets foretold and as the eternal God has commanded, this message is made known to all Gentiles everywhere, so that they too might believe and obey him. 27 All glory to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, forever. Amen.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray that you will use me in an amazing way to reach people who have never heard the story about a Father's love, and the sacrificial death of His Son Jesus Christ.  Lord, I pray that you will sanctify me and crush Satan under my feet.  Lord, I pray that you will receive much glory from my life, through Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment