Thursday, October 18, 2007

pattern in Romans

 
I used to think Romans was pretty much a straight forward, one-dimensional, string/train of connected logical arguments (e.g., A=B, B=C, C=D, therefore A=D).    However, now I see it more as a double-helix of interwoven and connected logical arguments that have a predictable, repeating, two-dimensional cross-section that spirals through the progression of a third-dimension.
 
Alternatively, I previously imagined that Romans could be graphed as a simple cosine wave where the abscissa tracks chapter progression through Romans and the ordinate represents the various theological implications ( e.g., beginning at the Garden of Eden at [0,1], diving into the tension of bad news down to -1, giving the Good News and practical application that gets us back up to +1).  However, now I see it more as a Fourier Series of super-positioned cosines of varying frequency and amplitude that provide many reiterations of the depravity of man and the Gospel of Christ throughout the entire book.
 
Enough with the analogies.  I really enjoyed Proverbs 18:22, "The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the Lord."  That is so true.  The Lord has blessed me with an incredible wife!
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word of Truth that explains the wonderful Gospel of Christ over and over and over so that I can appreciate it more and more and more.  Thank you that it is infinite, I keep learning no matter how many times I come to it.  Lord, help me live on your Word.  Thank you for the wonderful wife you have blessed me with; may I treat her as Christ treats the Church.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment