Thursday, October 11, 2007

determination

 
As Paul and his traveling buddies made their way towards Jerusalem, several people prophesied that he was going to experience suffering.  In fact, this was what the Holy Spirit revealed to Paul.  So, while the well-intentioned Christians tried to dissuade Paul from continuing on to Jerusalem, he responded with a very determined statement:
13Then Paul answered, "Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus."
Paul was so determined to follow God's call for his life that he was even willing to sacrifice that life.  Indeed, shortly after Paul arrived in Jerusalem, there was trouble, and a mob formed to kill Paul, shouting, "Kill him, kill him!"
 
Once we've made our choice to follow Christ no matter what, then we've chosen sides, and the enemy of this world, the Devil, violently comes against us.
 
Well, here I say it as clearly as I can:  I WILL FOLLOW CHRIST NO MATTER WHAT!  I WILL GIVE MY LIFE ACCORDING TO HIS CALL!
 
Prayer
Holy Father in Heaven, thank you for your Word that shows us the Way.  God, I wholly give you my life.  I ask that you take it and use it according to your good will.  Call me where you want me to go, and I trust that you will spend my life as you wish.  I pray this in the precious name of Jesus Christ who traded His perfect life for my broken life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment