Friday, June 20, 2008

evil

2 Kings 2:1-25, 3:4-27, 8:16-29; 1 Kings 22:50; 2 Chronicles 21:1-2, 22:1-6

I don't understand how these kings of Israel and Judah can be so wicked and evil!  It seems like they would see either the blessing of obedience or the cursing of disobedience and decide to live righteously.  What really baffles me is how you can have a decent king like Jehoshaphat and then his son and grandson are knuckleheads!

Evil is so pervasive; it is lurking inside each of us.  Hence, it is my goal to deny myself and seek Christ every moment of every day.  Granted, I'm sure that I won't be able to do that, but it is still my goal.  The thing God has been working on me recently is really focusing on my attitude.  It is one thing to perform the "act" of obedience, but true obedience hinges on the attitude of the heart.  One question I have today is: when I recognize that my attitude is sour, how to I change it to be pleasing to God?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I want to glorify you with my attitude and my actions.  Lord, I recognize that it is easy to slip away from you; it is easy for me to become focused on myself even though you have been so good to me.  Lord, please keep my attitude pure in your eyes.  I pray that you will fill me with your love and grace.  I want to love you with all of my heart, mind, soul, and strength.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment