Wednesday, June 11, 2008

do not waiver

1 Kings 12-13:34; 2 Chronicles 10:1-19, 11:1-4,13-17

Solomon's son Rehoboam was a knucklehead.  His wise advisers told him to be kind to the people, but he was harsh instead.  Thus, God used this situation to tear away ten tribes of Israel from Judah.

Jeroboam was a knucklehead.  God took the kingdom away from Rehoboam (as He told Jeroboam that He would), and then Jeroboam manufactured two golden idols and led the people to worship idols.

A bold prophet was a knucklehead.  God gave him a specific word of prophecy to speak to Jeroboam for his wicked behavior, and the man obeyed.  God also told him not to eat or drink in that place, and he even resisted the temptation to do so.  But when someone lied and said, "God told me you could eat with me.", the man of God suffered the consequences of not obeying what God told him directly.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for revealing your truth to me.  Please do not allow me to waiver from your plan and your guidance for me.  Lord, please help me listen and obey.  I pray that you will be glorified by my obedience to your word - not self-righteous religion but sincere gratitude.  I pray that you will show me today how I can follow you more closely.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment