Thursday, June 5, 2008

humility

28:13 He who conceals his sins does not prosper,
       but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy.
 14 Blessed is the man who always fears the LORD,
       but he who hardens his heart falls into trouble.
 18 He whose walk is blameless is kept safe,
       but he whose ways are perverse will suddenly fall.
29:23 A man's pride brings him low,
       but a man of lowly spirit gains honor.
30:2 "I am the most ignorant of men;
       I do not have a man's understanding.
 3 I have not learned wisdom,
       nor have I knowledge of the Holy One.
 4 Who has gone up to heaven and come down?
       Who has gathered up the wind in the hollow of his hands?
       Who has wrapped up the waters in his cloak?
       Who has established all the ends of the earth?
       What is his name, and the name of his son?
       Tell me if you know!
 5 "Every word of God is flawless;
       he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
This morning one of our pastors spoke from 1 Corinthians 9:19 and Philippians 2:3-8 about being submissive leaders.  This ties in with the concept of humility.
 
It is my sincere goal to be a servant to my wife.  I confess that I have not done a good job of it this so far, but I hope to improve.  I will try to make practical steps toward being a servant with a good attitude to my wife.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I praise you for your holiness.  Thank you for Christ's perfect example of humility and service.  I pray that you will help me demonstrate Christ's sacrificial love, submissive obedience to your will, and humility, especially to my wife.  Lord, please help me humble myself before you with a cheerful attitude towards obedience.  Lord, please teach me and help me live a holy, blameless life that honors you.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment