Sunday, June 22, 2008

young kings

 
This morning we studied the life of King Josiah in our Bible Life group.  I think King Josiah is my new favorite Bible character besides Jesus.  He consistently and passionately pursued the Lord.  What is impressive is that he began his rule at eight years old.
 
Similarly, King Joash began his reign at seven years old, and he had a godly advisor named Jehoiada.  He, like Josiah many years later, led the people in a recommitment to the covenant with Yahweh, repaired the Temple, and destroyed idol worship throughout the land.
 
I became a believer when I was seven years old on April 10.  I am impressed with the fact that children can know and understand God and follow him wholeheartedly.  When I become a father, I want to lead my children to pursue Christ wholeheartedly from an early age.
 
Also, I am really encouraged from the Bible Life group leadership meeting we had after church today.  There are several couples in our Bible Life that have volunteered to be "Growth Group" leaders, and I am excited about their ideas and desire to see us grow together as a family.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, as you led Joash and Josiah to be faithful kings who led the people to follow you, would you draw me close to you and give me a passionate desire to seek you?  Would you please help me lead others in an authentic, wholehearted pursuit of you and your will.  I pray that you will humble me, expose me to my sin that I may repent and draw closer to you.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment