Thursday, June 19, 2008

love Him

Psalm 49, 83, 91; 1 Kings 22:47-49; 2 Chronicles 20:35-37; 2 Kings 1:2-18; 2 Kings 3:1-3

Yesterday evening a Brother that works with me related some thoughts that were shared at a Bible study about Mary and Martha.  The priority function in our relationship to Christ is to love and adore Him; serving flows out of that priority.

This ties in to some verses from Psalm 91:

9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
       even the LORD, who is my refuge-

 10 then no harm will befall you,
       no disaster will come near your tent.

 11 For he will command his angels concerning you
       to guard you in all your ways;

 12 they will lift you up in their hands,
       so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

 13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
       you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

 14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
       I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

 15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
       I will be with him in trouble,
       I will deliver him and honor him.

 16 With long life will I satisfy him
       and show him my salvation."

Application:  As easy as it is to be consumed with the business of life (even "good" things) there is nothing more important than my attitude towards Christ.  I am working today to remain conscious of actively loving Him all day long.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray that you will pour yourself into me.  I pray that I will not be so focused on all of the things that I think need to be completed.  Help me let your words dwell in me richly.  Help me abide in you.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, the True Vine.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment