Wednesday, June 25, 2008

life and pride

 
There were three points that spoke to me this morning.
 
First, we Believers are like the lepers in 2 Kings 7:
8 The men who had leprosy reached the edge of the camp and entered one of the tents. They ate and drank, and carried away silver, gold and clothes, and went off and hid them. They returned and entered another tent and took some things from it and hid them also.  9 Then they said to each other, "We're not doing right. This is a day of good news and we are keeping it to ourselves. If we wait until daylight, punishment will overtake us. Let's go at once and report this ...
We need to share the good news because we were all doomed to die, but God has given us abundant life!
 
Second, there is a great analogy of the power of Christ's death to give us new life in 2 Kings 13:
21 Once while some Israelites were burying a man, suddenly they saw a band of raiders; so they threw the man's body into Elisha's tomb. When the body touched Elisha's bones, the man came to life and stood up on his feet.
When the spiritually dead experience Christ's death, we are given new life!
 
Third, we must be so guarded against pride, as is illustrated by King Uzziah in 2 Chronicles 26:
4 He did what was right in the eyes of the LORD, just as his father Amaziah had done. 5 He sought God during the days of Zechariah, who instructed him in the fear of God. As long as he sought the LORD, God gave him success. ... 16 But after Uzziah became powerful, his pride led to his downfall. He was unfaithful to the LORD his God, and entered the temple of the LORD to burn incense on the altar of incense.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, please help me lead others to life everlasting.  Lord, I pray that I would be grateful for the new life that I have received from Christ's death, and I pray that you will keep me humble.  Please expose my pride to me so that I may repent and seek you with my whole heart.  I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment