Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Heart for God

22:17 Pay attention and listen to the sayings of the wise;
       apply your heart to what I teach,
 18 for it is pleasing when you keep them in your heart
       and have all of them ready on your lips.
 19 So that your trust may be in the LORD,
       I teach you today, even you.
23:15 My son, if your heart is wise,
       then my heart will be glad;
 16 my inmost being will rejoice
       when your lips speak what is right.
 17 Do not let your heart envy sinners,
       but always be zealous for the fear of the LORD.
 18 There is surely a future hope for you,
       and your hope will not be cut off.
 19 Listen, my son, and be wise,
       and keep your heart on the right path.
It's not about a bunch of do's and don'ts, it's about my heart.  How is my heart conditioned towards Him.  He is Yahweh, the creator of the universe, infinite in Holiness and Love.  He is the guardian of my life; He is the potter, and I am the clay.
 
Christ said that those who have been forgiven much have loved much (case studies: King David and King Hezekiah).  Indeed, the Lord has forgiven me a great deal; He has shown me much mercy and grace.  I pray that I will be forever thankful of the debt that has been paid by Christ.
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I want to seek you with all of my heart.  Teach me to trust you and live according to your person.  I pray that I will always be zealous for fearing you.  I pray that I will hope in you only, that I will be wise according to your Word, and that you will keep my heart on your path of righteousness for your namesake.  Empower me to be an overcomer for your glory. I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment