Thursday, August 21, 2008

Compassionate One

Psalm 102, 120, 137; Lamentations 1-2

Who is Yahweh and how do we experience Him?

Psalm 102

 12 But you, O LORD, sit enthroned forever;
       your renown endures through all generations.

 13 You will arise and have compassion on Zion,
       for it is time to show favor to her;
       the appointed time has come.

 14 For her stones are dear to your servants;
       her very dust moves them to pity.

 15 The nations will fear the name of the LORD,
       all the kings of the earth will revere your glory.

 16 For the LORD will rebuild Zion
       and appear in his glory.

 17 He will respond to the prayer of the destitute;
       he will not despise their plea.

Lamentations 2

 19 Arise, cry out in the night,
       as the watches of the night begin;
       pour out your heart like water
       in the presence of the Lord.
       Lift up your hands to him
       for the lives of your children,
       who faint from hunger
       at the head of every street.


I will cry out to Him because He is life itself; apart from Him we have only death and destruction.  He is the compassionate one who loves us infinitely.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I confess that I am a sinful man; I am in need of your saving.  My only hope is to cry out to you, My Salvation.  Lord, please give me brokenness for my sin and the sin of my people.  Please bring a revival of life to me and those around me.  Lord, I pray that your glory will fill the earth and that the nations will hear and trust in your name.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, the only name by which men are saved. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment