Tuesday, August 12, 2008

fundamentals

 
What is God's desire for humanity?  God in me and me in God!
11:16 "Therefore, tell the exiles, 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Although I have scattered you in the countries of the world, I will be a sanctuary to you during your time in exile. 17 I, the Sovereign Lord, will gather you back from the nations where you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel once again.'  18 "When the people return to their homeland, they will remove every trace of their vile images and detestable idols. 19 And I will give them singleness of heart and put a new spirit within them. I will take away their stony, stubborn heart and give them a tender, responsive heart, 20 so they will obey my decrees and regulations. Then they will truly be my people, and I will be their God.
What is God's motivation for the way He interacts with us?  What fundamental principle does He want us to understand and demonstrate with our lives?  That He is who He says He is!
12:15 ... they will know that I am the Lord. 16 ... Then they will know that I am the Lord. ... 20 ... Then you will know that I am the Lord.
 
13:9 ... Then you will know that I am the Sovereign Lord. ... 14 ... Then you will know that I am the Lord. ... 21 ... Then you will know that I am the Lord. 22 ... Then you will know that I am the Lord.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray that you will be my sanctuary, and I pray that I will be a sanctuary for you.  I pray that you will remove every trace of vile images or detestable idols from my mind and life.  Lord, I beg you to give me a singleness of heart - to desire you only, to please you only, to glorify you only.  Lord, fill me with your Holy Spirit; may I keep in step with the Spirit.  Please take away my stony, stubborn, prideful, selfish, apathetic heart, and give me a tender, responsive, compassionate, loving heart so that I will obey you with delight.  O God and Father, Christ the Son, and Holy Spirit - please be my God.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, who shed His blood for my eternal and present salvation.  You are my Lord and Kind Master.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment