Friday, August 29, 2008

watchman and countryman

Ezekiel 32:1-33:20, 40:1-27

God is fair.  He holds us accountable to the amount of revelation we've received.  To the one He has revealed Himself and His plan (i.e., the "watchman"), He expects a lot. 

33:7 "Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. 8 When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you will surely die,' and you do not speak out to dissuade him from his ways, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. 9 But if you do warn the wicked man to turn from his ways and he does not do so, he will die for his sin, but you will have saved yourself.

I need to be a better watchman.  I want to learn how to be a watchman like Christ was a watchman. 

To the countryman (by way of the watchman), God's message is Mercy by repentance/faith/obedience.

33:17 "Yet your countrymen say, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' But it is their way that is not just. 18 If a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, he will die for it. 19 And if a wicked man turns away from his wickedness and does what is just and right, he will live by doing so. 20 Yet, O house of Israel, you say, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' But I will judge each of you according to his own ways."

Prayer
Heavenly Father, please give me boldness to be a watchman in my city.  Lord, please help me share the simple message of Faith in Jesus Christ.  Lord, please help me live an attentive, watchful, watchman's life.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment