Monday, August 25, 2008

more judgment, more grace

Jeremiah 30-31; Ezekiel 26

Jeremiah 31

 1 "At that time," declares the LORD, "I will be the God of all the clans of Israel, and they will be my people."

 2 This is what the LORD says:
       "The people who survive the sword
       will find favor in the desert;
       I will come to give rest to Israel."

 3 The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying:
       "I have loved you with an everlasting love;
       I have drawn you with loving-kindness.

 4 I will build you up again
       and you will be rebuilt, O Virgin Israel.
       Again you will take up your tambourines
       and go out to dance with the joyful.

 5 Again you will plant vineyards
       on the hills of Samaria;
       the farmers will plant them
       and enjoy their fruit.

 6 There will be a day when watchmen cry out
       on the hills of Ephraim,
       'Come, let us go up to Zion,
       to the LORD our God.' "

I am reminded of Romans 5:

20 The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,
 21so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I praise you for your justice - that you are always consistent in your moral integrity.  Lord, thank you for your grace through Jesus Christ.  Thank you for your love that overcomes sin and death.  Lord, please help me live a life of humble obedience - not wandering.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment