Monday, August 11, 2008

the Purity of Christ vs. the sins of people

Ezekiel 5-9

What an incredible revelation of the person of Christ:

8:1 Then on September 17, during the sixth year of King Jehoiachin's captivity, while the leaders of Judah were in my home, the Sovereign Lord took hold of me. 2 I saw a figure that appeared to be a man. From what appeared to be his waist down, he looked like a burning flame. From the waist up he looked like gleaming amber. 3 He reached out what seemed to be a hand and took me by the hair. Then the Spirit lifted me up into the sky and transported me to Jerusalem in a vision from God. I was taken to the north gate of the inner courtyard of the Temple, where there is a large idol that has made the Lord very jealous. 4 Suddenly, the glory of the God of Israel was there, just as I had seen it before in the valley.

What a tragic revelation of the Israelites at that time (representative of all of humanity):

8:12 Then the Lord said to me, "Son of man, have you seen what the leaders of Israel are doing with their idols in dark rooms? They are saying, 'The Lord doesn't see us; he has deserted our land!'" 13 Then the Lord added, "Come, and I will show you even more detestable sins than these!"

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray that you will reveal to me your person, that I may be changed and live in obedience to you.  I confess that I am sinful, and I confess that I naturally practice idolatry by putting anything before you.  I pray that your holy fire will burn up anything in me that is not of you - I want to worship you with my whole life.  Lord God, help me set my mind on the Spirit today; please fill me with your Life and Peace.  May I be characterized by your abundant love and joy.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment