Thursday, August 7, 2008

vacation!

Jeremiah 29:1-32; 2 Kings 24:18-20; 2 Chronicles 36:11-14; Jeremiah 49:34-39; Jeremiah 50:1-46

My wife and I have been on vacation since Sunday evening, and we have really enjoyed our stay here at the beach.  It has been so relaxing!  Many times we go on vacation, and we run ourselves to death so that we're even more exhausted when we return home - but not this trip.  We've slept at least nine hours every night, and we've had a very relaxed schedule the whole time.

I've really enjoyed reading the Bible with my wife on this trip.  We've each been asking the other insightful questions, and I've really enjoyed the discussion.  This morning's reading included one of my passages in the Bible:

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

My wife is so sweet.  It's on trips like these that I get to see what a true sweetheart she is.  I love her so much!  The Lord has blessed us beyond measure.  One of the things we've focused on this trip is to be grateful for all that God has done in our lives: faith, Christian families, college education, health, spiritual gifts, a nice place to live, food to eat, dependable vehicles, ... the list goes on and on.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for loving me so much.  I pray that I would live in constant awe of your mercy and continue to offer my body as a living sacrifice to you - holy and pleasing.  I pray that I will give you my heart wholly undivided, with single-minded obedience.  I love you, Father.  Thank you for the blood of Jesus Christ that makes it possible for me to know you.  I pray in His name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment