Monday, July 20, 2009

blessings

Matthew 20, Acts 20

Well the AMTA conference was very helpful last week.  They had two workshops and two conference tracts that were very helpful in providing context and details for my research.  On Tuesday and Thursday I was able to speak from the podium and express my gratitude to the Lord and the organization for my research fellowship.  The Lord also blessed me with the great opportunity to have extended discussion with some very knowledgeable individuals about my research topic.

Brandi and I spent one evening in San Antonio at the end of last week to celebrate our anniversary.  It was very nice.  I am continually amazed at how the Lord has blessed me with such a wonderful wife.  She is dedicated, hard working, intelligent, joyful, and beautiful.  Even more amazing to me is that she continues to grow!  Brandi is so encouraging to me - tender, compassionate, and sincere.  I love hearing her sing hymns and praises, and I love laughing with her.  The Lord has blessed me with such a wonderful helpmate.

M 20:28 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many."

A 20:24 But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God

This is not my life.  The Goal is for Christ to live and me to die, daily.

Heavenly Father, thank you for blessing me with salvation through Jesus Christ.  Thank you for giving me and every Believer the vocation of making disciples.  Lord, thank you for giving me the interests, intellect, and avocation of researching desalination.  Father, thank you so much for blessing me with such a sweet wife.  I know that you have given me a treasure!  Please help me die to my self today; may Christ live through me.  Lord, help me give my life away for others - like Jesus did.  Please leverage the investments you have made in me for the advancement of your Kingdom.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, my King.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment