Wednesday, July 22, 2009

wedding clothes

Matthew 22, Acts 22

M 22:11 "But when the king came in to meet the guests, he noticed a man who wasn't wearing the proper clothes for a wedding. 12 'Friend,' he asked, 'how is it that you are here without wedding clothes?' But the man had no reply. 13 Then the king said to his aides, 'Bind his hands and feet and throw him into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

It is the righteousness of Christ that covers us and makes us acceptable before a Holy God.  While the judgment of God is strictly enforced, it should not be considered harsh because He sent His own Son to die so that He may be merciful to those who respond in faith.

Heavenly Father, you are so kind.  Thank you for giving me the proper clothes for the wedding feast.  Lord, help me live in anticipation of that feast today.  I want to honor you and bless you.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, my righteousness.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment