Tuesday, July 7, 2009

poser

Matthew 7, Acts 7

I think Matthew 7:13-27 is basically one principle stated four different ways (path, tree, religion, and construction): obedience is the proof of an authentic relationship with Christ.

As I read Stephen's reply to his accusers, I saw for the first time today the three-fold illustration of Christ and His Church through the stories of Abraham, Joseph, and Moses.  Not only was he defending himself by reciting true history, but he was also challenging their self-righteous idolatry.  It is amazing how these two passages are coupled; it sure is easy just to be a poser.  Dying to your self is hard.

Heavenly Father, please help me stay on the right path.  Holy Spirit, please produce your good fruit in me.  Jesus, please let me know you and practice true Christianity.  Father please build me on the solid-Rock foundation of Christ.  Father, my life is yours; may I  have the devotion of Stephen that I would follow Christ to death if you call me to that.  I pray in the most wonderful name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment