Wednesday, July 1, 2009

observances

Matthew 1, Acts 1

Our congregation had a patriotic service on Sunday morning, and the decorators hung a giant USA flag in front of the baptistery.  You could just make out the illuminated cross behind the flag, and I just thought it was symbolic.  I'm afraid most americans can't see the cross clearly because of the magnitude of our patriotism.

On Sunday night our congregation had a business meeting to vote on adopting replacement constitution and bylaws.  Members were able to speak their concerns, and I thought it went really well until one lady got up and made some derogatory comments.  It's amazing how easy it is to say something mean when emotions flare; but once spoken, you can never take those words back.

Brandi and I flew up to Boston on Monday to visit some friends for a couple of days before we help out with the annual Arabic conference.  We went to Keith's softball game, and several children of the players were running around.  I overheard one little girl say, "I can't find my daddy anywhere."  If only we would be so set on finding our spiritual daddy.

Heavenly Father, I want to know you and walk with you.  Lord, please help me demonstrate the person of Christ, especially in what I say and how I say it.  Lord, please give me the desire to seek you because you are life.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment