Friday, July 24, 2009

the end in mind

Matthew 24, Acts 24

This passage is always sobering to me, especially this section:

M 24:9 "Then you will be arrested, persecuted, and killed. You will be hated all over the world because you are my followers. 10 And many will turn away from me and betray and hate each other. 11 And many false prophets will appear and will deceive many people. 12 Sin will be rampant everywhere, and the love of many will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 14 And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come.

Heavenly Father, I trust your sovereignty.  Please forgive me for being distracted in the world instead of engaging people with the Gospel of your Kingdom.   May the Lordship of Jesus Christ be evident in my life today, and may my life be a humble reflection of your infinite love.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment