Thursday, July 9, 2009

like our experience

Matthew 9, Acts 9

I Saul/Paul's experience typifies the Believer.  Before we know Christ, we are proceeding with life according to our own warped perspective, which in fact is damaging to us and others.  But the Lord graciously interrupts us and rescues us from further disaster.  We don't know exactly what's going on, so the Lord sends older Brothers and Sisters to help us grow.  And before long, we are sharing the truth of Jesus Christ with others, and of course, we experience spiritual conflict.  So, what is the key to overcoming spiritual conflict?  Some would say, "Name it, and claim it!", but I think if you look at the stories in the New Testament, the answer is humility.  As we are humble with our Brothers and Sisters and humble before God, He shows the strength of His might.  Salvation belongs to the Lord.

This summer we have a couple of students from France working with us in our lab, and yesterday I had the great privilege of sharing the Gospel of Christ with them.  I am praying that the Lord will plant the seed, water it, grow it, and bring it to a harvest of salvation in their hearts.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the beautiful morning.  Your grace is new every morning, which is so good because I need it every morning.  Lord Jesus, I want to hear you and know the voice of my Shepherd.  Holy Spirit, please continue to help me be a witness of the life, death, resurrection, ascension, and return of Jesus Christ.  Please use me to continue ministering to my coworkers.  May I be humble with all.  I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment