Friday, July 10, 2009

simple life

Matthew 10, Acts 10

It is amazing how conceptually simple the Christian life is: we are simply witnesses of the reality of Christ.  The practice is challenging, though.  The Lord had to throw a pebble in Peter's theological pond so that he would be willing to visit with Cornelius's family.  But once he got there and figured out that the Lord gives salvation to all nations, Peter preached the Gospel of Jesus Christ - His life, ministry, death, resurrection, and eternal authority.

Heavenly Father, please help me see the simplicity of knowing you and doing your will.  Lord, I know I am a heretic and a hypocrite; please deliver me.  Help me preach the Gospel.  May I know you so well that others see your reality.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment