Thursday, August 20, 2009

aspects of our relationship with Christ

Luke 7, 1 Corinthians 7

worship - This is (or at least, should be) the most fundamental characteristic of our interaction with the Lord.  It predates sin.  He (Father, Son, and Spirit) is the Creator, and we are the creation.  Our goal in this life is to grow to the point where we worship Him in every moment, with our entire selves (heart, mind, soul, and strength), through every action.  I think the woman that anointed Christ's feet was a beautiful picture of worship and love.

faith - Tragically, we can not worship the Lord until we have faith in Jesus Christ for salvation.  Sin separates us from Him, but He purchased our freedom.  I think the Roman officer gives a great example of faith; while we can not see Him, and we are not worthy to enter His presence, in faith we ask Him for Salvation.

ministry - By grace through faith, we have a restored relationship with Him, and then we can worship Him and love Him.  Consequently, the Lord uses us to lead others to repentance (e.g., John the Baptist), and He demonstrates His Character by healing people and saving them (e.g., Christ raising the boy from the dead).

Heavenly Father, thank you for the Lord Jesus Christ and His death and resurrection.  Lord, according to the faith you have given me, I trust Jesus Christ for forgiveness of sins and restoration.  Lord, I want to worship you and love you with all of my heart, mind, soul, and strength.  Please help me walk with you, and please use me to lead others to faith in Christ.  Holy Spirit, please anoint me with your power to be a witness for Christ and minister to people in their point of need.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment