Tuesday, August 25, 2009

time is short

Luke 12, 1 Corinthians 12

This verse is especially encouraging to me this morning:

 L 12:32 "So don't be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom. ... 34 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.

For some reason, it is so easy to slip into the routine of religion and forget what the main goal is.  I want to know Christ; I want to eat from the Tree of Life; I want to possess and share the Kingdom; I want to treasure the Lord!

So, what does a lifestyle in the pursuit of the Lord look like?

L 12:35 "Be dressed for service and keep your lamps burning, 36 as though you were waiting for your master to return from the wedding feast. Then you will be ready to open the door and let him in the moment he arrives and knocks. 37 The servants who are ready and waiting for his return will be rewarded. I tell you the truth, he himself will seat them, put on an apron, and serve them as they sit and eat! 38 He may come in the middle of the night or just before dawn. But whenever he comes, he will reward the servants who are ready. ... 40 You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected." ...42 ... "A faithful, sensible servant is one to whom the master can give the responsibility of managing his other household servants and feeding them. ... 47 "And a servant who knows what the master wants, but isn't prepared and doesn't carry out those instructions, will be severely punished. 48 But someone who does not know, and then does something wrong, will be punished only lightly. When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required.

Maybe sometimes we overemphasize our friendship and Brotherhood with Christ to the point that we forget that He is the Holy Judge of the universe.  Time is short; shorter than ever.

Heavenly Father, please help me live a sober life of loving you and pursuing you.  Lord Jesus, please forgive me for wasting time and resources.  Please help me be a faithful servant, and please use me to help others live faithfully.  Oh Lord, may I be ready for your return!  You have given me so much; may I be faithful to place all things under your Lordship.  Holy Spirit, please help me be sensitive and obedient to you today.  Please produce your fruit in my life and pour yourself through me into others.  Thank you for grace and mercy.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment