Thursday, August 13, 2009

community

Mark 16, Romans 16

Where do we find Christ?  In the community of His disciples:

M 16:5 When they entered the tomb, they saw a young man clothed in a white robe sitting on the right side. The women were shocked, 6 but the angel said, "Don't be alarmed. You are looking for Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He isn't here! He is risen from the dead! Look, this is where they laid his body. 7 Now go and tell his disciples, including Peter, that Jesus is going ahead of you to Galilee. You will see him there, just as he told you before he died."

In fact, our whole experience of Christ is through the community of Believers, as demonstrated by Paul listing so many close Brothers and Sisters in Romans 16.  I believe that the following statement is not so much to individuals as they are spoken to the collective Body of Christ:

R 16:20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. May the grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

Brandi and I are hanging out with our families this weekend, and on the drive up last night, Brandi mentioned that she is so thankful and amazed at the Lord's sovereignty in choosing our parents and brothers and sisters.  May the Lord use them to grow me in Christ, and may He use me to grow them in Christ.

Heavenly Father, thank you for sovereignly making me the person that I am with the family and friends that you have chosen for me.  Lord, please help me be sensitive to how you are using experiences with family, friends, and strangers to mold me into the image of Christ.  Dear Father, please use me to grow the Body of Christ.  Help me see how I can impact the Believers that I am connected to.  Holy Spirit, please continue to reveal to me the gifts that you have given me to be used for building up the Body.  Lord, please use me for your glory and honor.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment