Wednesday, October 21, 2009

more than a prophet

Matthew 21, Titus 2

I just can't get over this.  It seems like wherever Jesus went, He taught them about the Kingdom, and He healed people:

Mt 21:12 Jesus entered the Temple and began to drive out all the people buying and selling animals for sacrifice. He knocked over the tables of the money changers and the chairs of those selling doves. 13 He said to them, "The Scriptures declare, 'My Temple will be called a house of prayer,' but you have turned it into a den of thieves!"

 14 The blind and the lame came to him in the Temple, and he healed them. 15 The leading priests and the teachers of religious law saw these wonderful miracles and heard even the children in the Temple shouting, "Praise God for the Son of David."

Jesus clearly explained on multiple occasions that He is the Son of God; here is one example:

37 "Finally, the owner sent his son, thinking, 'Surely they will respect my son.'

 38 "But when the tenant farmers saw his son coming, they said to one another, 'Here comes the heir to this estate. Come on, let's kill him and get the estate for ourselves!' 39 So they grabbed him, dragged him out of the vineyard, and murdered him.

Heavenly Father, I trust the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation.  I want to experience your power through me.  Please use me to teach people about your Kingdom, and please use me to minister to people's needs.  May the Truth be demonstrated in my life, for your glory.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment