Thursday, October 29, 2009

observations

Mark 1, Psalm 100, Hebrews 6

In the first chapter of Mark, Jesus taught and healed.  Hmmm.... Consistent with Matthew.  Very interesting.

I just made the connection that if Jesus healed Peter's mother-in-law, then that most likely indicates that Peter was married.

Jesus told the man that He healed of leprosy to go present himself to the priest and offer the sacrifice for those who have been healed of leprosy.  That means that when God gave Moses the Law, He included a description for our appropriate response to His gracious healing.  He has been healing all along!

Yesterday I had lunch with several Brothers, and we were discussing the verses in Hebrews 4 and 5 that I meditated on the past two days.  Mark posed the question, "What is our role in practically approaching the throne of grace?"  The passage of Psalm 100 came to mind, so I read through that again this morning, and I think worship and gladness (v. 2), reverent fear (v. 3), and thanksgiving and praise (v. 4) are how we practically approach Him:

Ps. 100:2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
       come before him with joyful songs.
 3 Know that the LORD is God.
       It is he who made us, and we are his ;
       we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
       and his courts with praise;
       give thanks to him and praise his name.

Heavenly Father, please fill my heart with gladness and lead me to worship you in spirit and in truth.  Lord, please fill me with the joy of salvation through faith in Christ.  God - Father, Son, and Spirit - you are the LORD, Yahweh, my creator, and I am your servant.  Lord, please teach me to fear you and obey you.  Lord, please help me remember your goodness and kindness to me so that I will continually thank you for how you have blessed me.  Lord may I bless you with the words that I say, the prayers that I lift up to you, and the way I live my life so that you will be praised and your name will be made great among the nations.  Halelujah!  I ask in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment