Tuesday, October 20, 2009

worker in the vineyard

Matthew 20, Titus 1

Mt. 20:1 "For the Kingdom of Heaven is like the landowner who went out early one morning to hire workers for his vineyard. 2 He agreed to pay the normal daily wage and sent them out to work.

Yesterday after work, JR and I went over to visit with a couple whose son is in NICU.  He was born about four and a half months early, but the Lord has sustained his life.  (JR found out about the situation through a person he was working with on a construction site.)  We stopped by to visit them about a month ago and got to visit with Caleb, the boy's dad, and we have been praying for them since then.  Yesterday we had a brief visit with Katrina, the boy's mom.  We offered for our Bible Life group to bring them meals in a few weeks when they get to bring their boy home from the hospital.  And we invited them to hang out with us sometime at one of our Bible studies or worship services.  As I reflected on the parable this morning, I realized that as workers in His vineyard, we are (1) helping graft branches into the Vine and (2) helping the branches grow and produce fruit:

T 1:1 This letter is from Paul, a slave of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ. I have been sent to proclaim faith to those God has chosen and to teach them to know the truth that shows them how to live godly lives.

I really hope that our Bible Life group will reach out and minister to this family so that they can see God's love and connect to Him through faith in Christ. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for chosing me to be a worker in your vineyard.  Lord, I am just a slave because you bought me with the Blood of Christ, so it is amazing that you bless me with eternal life and anything else.  Lord, it is such a joy to work in your vineyard.  Lord, please help me be faithful to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to disciple the Believers to live godly lives.  Please purify me and grow me so that I can be an example for others to follow.  Please grow me to be an elder in the body, for the advancement of your Church.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment