Thursday, October 22, 2009

as fundamental as it gets

Matthew 22, Titus 3

A summary of the central aspect of human living by Christ (God and Man):

36 "Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?"

 37 Jesus replied, "'You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.' 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 A second is equally important: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments."

Love God and love others.  God is Love, so to live love is to experience God flowing through you.

What does it look like to love God with all of your heart, mind, soul, and strength?  I think it looks like you want to know Him and serve Him and be with the rest of His Body.  What does it look like to love your neighbor as yourself?  I think it is very different from the way we live as middle-class Americans.

Heavenly Father, please forgive me because I mostly live like I love myself.  Please turn my heart toward you, and may I love you genuinely and completely.  Lord, please teach me to love others as myself.  Father, you demonstrated what that looks like with Jesus Christ on the Cross.  Lord, please help me.  I have such a long way to go; I need your grace.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment