Sunday, January 10, 2010

Isaac and Rebekah

Genesis 23-25, Matthew 7

Devotional:  Prayer is two-fold: communing and cooperating with the Lord.

Book:  Simple Prayer is genuinely, authentically, unpretentiously discussing the matters of our heart with the Lord.

Bible:  Abraham wanted Isaac to marry a good woman, and I prayed that the Lord would lead his servant to the correct one.  His servant prayed a specific prayer for the Lord to show him which woman was to be the wife of Isaac, and the Lord answered, even as he was praying.  And the testimony of the Lord answering his prayer caused others to believe in the Lord's plan for Isaac.  In Matthew 7:
7 "Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
Experience:  This morning, I asked the Lord to give me some confirmation that I am truly serving Him through teaching.  I just want to make sure that the Lord is producing real fruit and that I am not just entertaining people on Sunday mornings.  Real fruit is changed lives; I want to help lead the Bride to the Groom.  Travis and Scotland each genuinely expressed their appreciation after the Bible study, and I feel like this was a direct answer to my prayer this morning.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your kindness and grace to me.  May your name be praised, and will you continue to be gracious to use me.  May I continue to grow as a true disciple of Jesus Christ, and may I be used to lead others to walk with Him.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment