Thursday, January 7, 2010

dominion

Genesis 16-18, Matthew 5:27-48

The Lord created us in His image and gave us authority to rule over the creation.  He gave us free-will to obey Him creatively.

The challenge is when the Lord has promised you something or given you some direction, and then He delays fulfilling that promise.  For example, the Lord promised Abram and Sarai a son, but when it didn't happen the next month, or the next year, or the next ten years, they took matters into their own hands.  We have to learn to hold out for God's fulfillment.

Heavenly Father, please teach me to obey you and live in the authority and dominion that you have given me in Christ Jesus.  May I be an overcomer, and may I lead my family to be overcomers.  Please help me lead others around me to be devoted disciples of Christ and overcomers in His grace.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment