Friday, January 8, 2010

the LORD is merciful

Genesis 19, Matthew 6:1-18

I was impressed by how patient and merciful the LORD is with us.
Gen 19:15As morning dawned, the angels urged Lot, saying, "Up! Take your wife and your two daughters who are here, lest you be swept away in the punishment of the city." 16But he lingered. So the men seized him and his wife and his two daughters by the hand, the LORD being merciful to him, and they brought him out and set him outside the city.
I think we are often attached to the things of this world, and we don't realize the imminent destruction of it all, but the LORD is merciful and gracious to yank us up out of the mess and keep us safely with Him.

The devotional reminded me this morning that we were created to reign over the earth in constant fellowship with the Lord.  As He rules over the unseen, spiritual domain, He has placed us in creative dominion over the earth.  Consequently, we are in conflict with the Devil and other evil spirits.  But, as the Lord taught us, we pray for the Lord to extend His Kingdom and reign to the earth (which happens through His Church):
Matt. 6:9 ... "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. 10 Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Heavenly Father, may your name be Holy.  May the nations praise your name, and my my life glorify your name.  I pray that the Kingdom and authority of Christ Jesus will advance among the nations and that your eternal, good, pleasing will is accomplished in me, my family, my congregation, and the nations.  Lord, may our lives be characterized by the love and forgiveness that we have received.  Lord, please deliver us from evil, and may we walk daily with you, trusting you to provide.  I love you, Lord, and I long to hear your voice.  I long to see your face.  I am your servant, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, my Savior and Brother.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment