Monday, January 25, 2010

passover

Exodus 12-14
12:21 Then Moses called all the elders of Israel together and said to them, "Go, pick out a lamb or young goat for each of your families, and slaughter the Passover animal. 22 Drain the blood into a basin. Then take a bundle of hyssop branches and dip it into the blood. Brush the hyssop across the top and sides of the doorframes of your houses. And no one may go out through the door until morning. 23 For the Lord will pass through the land to strike down the Egyptians. But when he sees the blood on the top and sides of the doorframe, the Lord will pass over your home. He will not permit his death angel to enter your house and strike you down.
I am reminded of the concept that we Believers are the Lord's building, and the Blood of the Lamb applied to us is our Salvation.  As I think about the Lord's Supper in the context of the Passover, I was thinking about this (potentially heretical) analogy:  as we drink the wine (which represents the Lord's blood), we are "sprinkling" our bodies (which are Temples of the Holy Spirit) with the Lord's blood.  There is such a rich picture of salvation in the context of the Israelites fleeing Egypt.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the Blood of Jesus Christ, which covers me from your righteous judgment of death and destruction and saves me to Life with you.  Lord Jesus, thank you for being the perfect, spotless Lamb Sacrifice.  Lord Jesus, thank you for being the High Priest who intercedes for me.  Holy Spirit, I pray that I will rest in your comfort today.  Please fill me with your love, peace, and joy.  May your fruit grow in my life today.  Please use me to bring honor to yourself.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment