Tuesday, January 19, 2010

expecting the Lord

Genesis 46-48, Matthew 12:22-50

On Sunday, we studied 1 Thes. 4:13-18 regarding the Lord's return and our resurrection.  I was challenged by Jesus's analogy in Luke 12:
42And the Lord said, "Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom his master will set over his household, to give them their portion of food at the proper time? 43 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes.
I pray that I will constantly live in expectation of Christ's return - like He could show up at any moment.  I pray that I will be a faithful servant with whom He is pleased.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the promise of your Son's return.  I pray that my life will honor you, and I pray that my love for Christ will continue to grow and motivate me to prepare for His return.  May you be pleased with my life, as it is only by your grace that I remain faithful.  I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment