Tuesday, January 5, 2010

God's purposes

Genesis 10-12, Matthew 4

The devotional emphasis this morning was God's eternal purposes, which ultimately please Him:

 Isa. 46:9 Remember the former things, those of long ago;
       I am God, and there is no other;
       I am God, and there is none like me.

 10 I make known the end from the beginning,
       from ancient times, what is still to come.
       I say: My purpose will stand,
       and I will do all that I please.

 11 From the east I summon a bird of prey;
       from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.
       What I have said, that will I bring about;
       what I have planned, that will I do.

As I read God's covenant with Abram, I think it is a progressive revelation of His plan:

Gen. 12:3 ... and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

Of course, this promise is fulfilled through Christ and His Church.

Heavenly Father, please teach me to pray according to your eternal purpose, which always pleases you.  Please help me praise you and pray for your coming Kingdom.  Lord Jesus, please reign in me today.  Holy Spirit, may I be attentive to your prompting, and may I be filled with the Fruit of the Spirit.  I am your Servant, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment