Sunday, November 10, 2013

Persecution

Acts 8-9

Last night, in the Children's Bible that we are reading with the boys, we read about Saul's conversion and Philip baptizing the Ethiopian.

This morning, my reading covered the same passages, and Beau sat and listened as I read, periodically asking for clarification.  It is so awesome to see him learning about following Jesus!

I am also reminded of and burdened for the millions of believers around the world who are persecuted for their faith in Jesus.

9:4-5 And falling to the ground he heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?"  And he said, "Who are you, Lord?" And he said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.

We are His body.  He feels the persecution.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the freedom to study your word and teach my boys about you without fear of persecution.  Lord Jesus, may I be faithful to share the truth of Christ in the opportunities that you give me, and may I faithfully pray for the persecuted saints around the world.  Lord, please give them peace in knowing that you are with them and you care for them.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment