Tuesday, November 19, 2013

leaves have fallen

With a cool breeze on my face, and the glory of an emergent sunrise setting the tops of the trees on fire, the Lord impressed me with this thought on my walk this morning:

Most of the leaves have fallen.
  Seems like winter has come.
Some yellow leaves still hold'n on;
  Fall is not yet gone.
A few red leaves still hold'n on;
  Fall is not quite gone.

I love the sigmoidal change from one season to the next.  (Occasionally, it occurs more like a step-function, but most of the time it is a gradual transition.)  

Heavenly Father, thank you for the beauty of your creation.  Your creativity is so inspiring!  Nature is so complex and dynamic.  I am amazed by your creativity and power.  I pray that I will continue to be impressed and awed by your creativity, and I pray that I will take time to enjoy the creation that you have made.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  

No comments:

Post a Comment