Monday, November 25, 2013

Regeneration of the soul

ROM 5-8

It seems to me that the heart and mind are two important aspects of submission to the Lord.

We need the Lord to fill our hearts with Love.

Romans 5:5 ESV
and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

And we need to set our minds on the spirit.

Romans 8:5-6 ESV
For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

Heavenly Father, may I love you with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength,  and may I love others as myself.  Please teach me to intentionally set my mind on the Spirit and keep in step with you.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment