Saturday, November 2, 2013

Denial and confession

Peter's denial was recorded by all four Gospel writers.  Seems significant.  Maybe related to the common experience of humanity.

Jesus finally admitted, very clearly, that He is the Messiah, the Son of God, at least twice to the Jewish leaders: once to the high priest and his conspirators in the middle of the night (Mk 14:62), and again to the leading priests and the Sanhedrin early the next morning (Mk 15:1, LK 22:67-69). So, practically, the Jews pursued the death penalty because Jesus claimed to be God (JN 19:7).

Heavenly Father, please forgive me for denying that I know Christ.  I want to be faithful to give my testimony of how you have saved my life.  And I want to be faithful to share that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment