Friday, November 8, 2013

Perseverance

Acts 5:40-42 ESV

and when they had called in the apostles, they beat them and charged them not to speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. Then they left the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the name.  And every day, in the temple and from house to house, they did not cease teaching and preaching that the Christ is Jesus.

I have never suffered any major persecution for following Christ.  Shoot, I can't even say that I have experienced any minor persecution.  Makes me wonder ...

Notice the strategy: engage people with the truth of Christ both publicly and privately. 

In these last few chapters, there have been several spontaneous public events.  But the consistent theme seems to be genuine fellowship in homes. 

In my own experience, our last three years in Austin were interwoven with close small groups with Brothers and Sisters pursuing the Lord.  Some of the best memories with those folks.

Heavenly Father, please give me boldness in sharing the Gospel of Christ.  May I be faithful in public venues, as well as intentional in home groups.  Lord Jesus, may I be a faithful witness to your resurrection.  I love you, and i pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment