Tuesday, June 5, 2007

discipleship

Proverbs 5 and some Psalms
 
As I was walking from the bus stop to my office this morning with my friend (who became a believer several months ago), he related to me one of his recent experiences.  He told me that he was sitting on the bus and noticed someone reading the Bible next to him, and he thought he would strike up a simple conversation like I do.  So, my friend leaned over and asked him what he was reading and subsequently where he went to church, and my friend discovered the man was a Mormon!  He said, "Shane does this left and right, and I get a Mormon!" 
 
Of course, I was very encouraged by his boldness to engage someone about their faith, and in fact, it gives me even more boldness to look for opportunities to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others.  I am amazed at how I didn't even prompt or obligate him to do it; he simply saw me do it with him and a few other people on the bus, so he naturally replicated the behavior!
 
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank you for authoring faith in my friend.  Lord, thank you for growing his knowledge of you and his boldness to tell others about you.  Holy Spirit, I pray that you will continue to guide him into all truth, and that he would be a servant of Christ.  Lord, I am humbled that you would use me to teach him; Father please correct me and show me the way so that others will not stumble because of me.  Lord, please give me this day - a victory in the name of Jesus Christ, for it is in His name that I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment